As well as merit awards, ECC also offers a number of scholarships and bursaries for eligible students to assist with fee reductions.
This is an award of AUD$2000 to the top continuing or graduating student in the current study period, having been enrolled in 4 x Year 2 modules and having passed them in their first attempt.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
The Navitas Academic Merit Scholarship is awarded each semester to the most outstanding results from two students across all programs at a Navitas Pathway College or Managed Campus.
The scholarships are one academic semester or part thereof (equivalent to the maximum of up to five academic subjects) for a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA) or Undergraduate pathway program (UK) at a Navitas college or one academic semester of foundation or undergraduate study at La Trobe University Sydney Campus, Curtin Singapore or one academic semester of a master's program at Curtin Singapore .
Any additional costs, including travel or material such as books or equipment required as part of the program will be the recipient's responsibility. For programs that articulate directly into a university degree program, the scholarship will cover only the Navitas member institute components of the program for the semester.
● Be a new student in their first academic study period, enrolled and studying towards a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA), Undergraduate pathway program (UK), University Foundation or bachelor’s degree program (Australia) or master's programs (Australia);
● Be currently studying full-time;
● Have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the semester prior to being eligible for the scholarship;
● Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
Not have previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
The scholarship applies to the second semester of enrolment only or the final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program. Students are liable to pay for any additional courses / subjects undertaken.
Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student's account during their second semester of study or their final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program.
Scholarships are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes in any circumstances. Navitas member institutions reserve the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year. Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Two scholarships are awarded each semester.
Selection will be based on:
● Academic results (GPA) from the previous semester of study. Should two students have identical academic results, the scholarship panel will refer back to marks awarded within each subject/course to ascertain the scholarship recipient.
● Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, membership of a specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
Outcome of scheduled interview (if required).
The scholarship panel from each Navitas member institution will announce the recipients of the Navitas academic merit scholarship upon the completion of each semester and the release of the results. The recipients will be notified by mail and the successful students posted on the college/campus website.
The Navitas scholarship is offered to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, La Trobe Melbourne, LBIC, MIBT, MIBT Indonesia, PUIC, ECC, QIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.
Students are not required to apply for the scholarship as it is awarded based on academic performance and ALL students are eligible.
All terms and conditions are correct as at 2 July 2014 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the Navitas member institute or Navitas Ltd.