Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Latest Information

Edith Cowan College

How to apply

You may apply to Edith Cowan College (ECC) directly or through an ECC representative in your home country.

For a list of authorised ECC representatives in your country, visit ECC representatives. Early application and payment will secure your place in your chosen course and allow you enough time to obtain a student visa.

Application process

  1. Complete an online application form using the 'Apply Today' button on the ECC website or complete a ECC application form from a ECC brochure.

  2. Attach certified copies of:

    • all academic qualifications (including school reports and official examination certificates)

    • English test results or other evidence of English competency (if applicable)

    • any relevant employment documents (if applicable)

    Australian students must also supply proof of citizenship or permanent residency, such as a certified copy of your birth certificate, passport, citizenship certificate or visa.

  3. Send your application and documents to ECC or one of our representative offices. ECC's postal address is listed on the Application form.
    Certified translations must accompany any documents that are not in English. Make sure that you add your current name to any information obtained under a former name. Copies may be certified by:

    • the official records department of the institution that originally issued the documents

    • a Justice of the Peace or Public Notary

    • an authorised ECC representative

    • a staff member of an overseas Australian High Commission, Embassy or Consulate

What happens next?

If your application is successful you will receive a letter of offer explaining the course that has been offered, the fees payable, conditions to be met (if any), orientation details and course commencement dates.

To accept the offer, you must pay the fees and charges due. This will include half of the course fees, (usually equivalent to one trimester) plus the Overseas Student Health Cover charge (if applicable).

A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) will not be issued until all the conditions specified in your letter of offer have been met and accepted by ECC.


Fees must be paid in Australian dollars. You can pay your tuition fees by telegraphic fund transfer, direct deposit, bank draft or bank cheque. Our office does not accept cash payments.

When making a payment, please include your student ID number as listed in your Letter of Offer.

Telegraphic transfer/direct deposit

  • Bank: Westpac Banking Corporation

  • Branch: St George's Terrace

  • Branch address: 109 St Georges Terrace Perth, WA 6000 Australia

  • Account name: ECC - Student Fees Account

  • Account number: 390 163

  • BSB number: 036 022

  • SWIFT code: WPACAU2S

Payment reference details: Student name and ID number (found on Letter of Offer).

A copy of the telegraphic transfer/direct deposit details must be faxed or emailed to ECC.

Bank draft/bank cheque

Payable to: Edith Cowan College

Students who are Australian citizens may also make payments in person via EFTPOS debit, or with Visa or MasterCard at our office in Perth. Please note that credit card transactions incur a 1.5 percent surcharge.

FEE-HELP - Important information for Australian Citizens

If you are an Australian citizen you may be eligible for the Australian Government's FEE-HELP loan scheme, which helps pay all or part of your tuition fees. The scheme is open to any student who is an Australian citizen and is studying with an eligible higher-education provider such as ECC.

A student may pay a maximum of $97,728 (indexed at 1 January each year) in tuition fees using FEE-HELP over their lifetime, depending on the courses they undertake. Students repay their loan through the tax system once their income is above the minimum threshold for compulsory repayment.

If you are eligible for FEE-HELP you will receive a 'Request for FEE-HELP assistance' form with your letter of offer. To guarantee your place at ECC, you will need to complete and return this form to ECC before your course commences.

Note: FEE-HELP is only available to eligible ECC students who are enrolling in diploma programs. For more information, contact us at or visit and follow the link to 'Fees, loans and scholarships'.

Can I apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)

You may apply for recognition of prior learning based on equivalent study at another university or educational institution. You can submit applications for RPL when you apply.

If you are applying for an RPL from a unit of study, you must not enrol in that unit unless your application is not approved.

Applications for RPL must be lodged with the appropriate evidence including:

  • a completed Recognition of Prior Learning form (available at

  • Certified copies of academic transcripts and/or qualifications with approved English language translations (if applicable)

  • Copies of unit outlines describing detailed contents of learning outcomes, assessments and other course materials. Such evidence must demonstrate equivalent academic rigour (quality, time frame, breadth and depth of study content)

  • Any other evidence demonstrating that your experience, skills, knowledge and qualifications meet the academic rigour required under the respective AQF standards.

  • Proof of minimum level of English competency matching relevant course entry guidelines.

When do I apply for a visa?

After ECC receives your fees, your place in your chosen course of study will be confirmed. An electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) will be sent to you or your agent. You will need to present this to an Australian High Commission, Embassy or Consulate in your home country when applying for a student visa. See

Be sure to allow enough time for your visa to be processed before you plan to travel to Australia. You should allow at least six weeks before the course begins, although this timeframe may vary from country to country.

If students are not applying under the Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP) please note that citizens and residents of some countries may need to undergo a pre-visa assessment through an Australian High Commission, Embassy or Consulate before any payments can be made to ECC. This may take an additional four to six weeks.