Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Latest Information

Edith Cowan College

Student Visa

It is compulsory for all international students to have a student visa when studying in Australia.

Australia is known for being a preferred destination not just in terms of travel and work but also for education. International students who choose to study in Australia as the country offers an educational experience that makes a real difference from other nations.

Applying for your Student Visa is easy!

  1. After receiving your acceptance, we will issue you with a eCoE.
  2. Submit the eCoE with your visa application to the Australian Department of Home Affairs.

Need help with your visa?

If you’ve applied to ECC with the help of an agent, they will gladly assist you with the visa application as well. If you’ve applied directly to ECC without the help of an agent, you have two options:

  1. Seek the assistance of an agent, or
  2. As each country has different visa requirements, consult the Immigration website for more information.

Some of the common documents required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs are as follows:

  • Letter of Offer
  • Letter of Acceptance
  • ECC proof of payment (official receipt)
  • Proof of funds to support your stay in Australia
  • Valid passport and photocopy of passport information page
  • Two photos meeting the Embassy’s requirements
  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Each Australian Embassy office will also require some of its own documents to be completed. To find out more about your Embassy’s additional requirements.

Don’t delay! Visa applications can take anywhere from 30 days to get approval.

Did you know? Applying for a ‘packaged offer’ enables you to apply for one student visa to cover both off your studies at ECC and Edith Cowan University. This means that you save costs and time, as you will not need to apply for another student visa.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

All international students must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the proposed duration of their student visa. For students who will be undertaking a packaged course, there cannot be a gap in the OSHC coverage.

What does OSHC Cover?

OSHC helps pay for medical and hospital care should you become ill during your stay in Australia. OSHC will also pay for most prescription drugs and emergency ambulance transport. OSHC will not cover any illness or disability that you had prior to arriving in Australia. It will also not cover ancillary services (for example, dental or optical services). If you require ancillary services you can take out extra OSHC, provided by an approved OSHC provider. Make sure you bring any optical or medical prescriptions with you to Australia.

Benefits of studying on an Australian student visa:

  • Student visa holders have the opportunity to work part-time for up to 40 hours per fortnight and full-time during the holidays.
  • As of mid-2012 students studying a Bachelor degree in Australia will be able to get a two-year work visa after they complete their studies and Masters students can apply for an extra three-year work visa.
  • Graduates in Australia have many employment doors open to them.