Students under 18
Did you know? If you are under the age of 18 you are not considered to be an independent adult under Australian law.
For this reason, ECC also has greater responsibilities to students Under 18 and therefore the following regulations would apply to you:
- When you are attending ECC the following arrangements must be in place:
- Your parents have appointed ECC as “Carer” for you in Australia and you are living in a homestay approved by ECC Or
- You are living with a friend or relative (other than your family) and you have obtained permission from your parents and ECC. In addition, the person you are staying with, must be above 21 years of age and must agree to act as your local carer.
- On enrolment at ECC or soon after that, a meeting will be called with the Student Counsellor which you must attend.
- The Student Counsellor will also be available to discuss:
- Academic progress
- Any general concerns