Finding accommodation

With a range of on-campus and off-campus housing options, you’re bound to find somewhere you can’t wait to call your home.

Living in Perth

Perth holds the title of world’s 6th most liveable city and is one of the safest and friendliest cities in the world.

For students under 18

Accommodation arrangements for students under 18

As well as meeting all requirements for a student visa, if you are under 18 years of age ECC must approve all your welfare and accommodation arrangements. Our student counsellor offers support and counselling to all students and will discuss any concerns about your welfare with your parents.

If you are younger than 18 and plan to stay with a friend or a relative outside your immediate family, you must receive permission to do so from your parents and ECC. The person you are staying with must be aged 21 or above, have an Australian police clearance and agree to act as your local guardian and carer. If you do not have a friend or relative to stay with while at ECC, we recommend homestay accommodation.

For information about local carers, please visit or email our student counsellor at

On-campus accommodation

Fully-furnished apartments right near campus

ECC students have access to on-campus accommodation at the ECU Mount Lawley and Joondalup Student Villages, which feature five-bedroom apartments just a short walk from the University. The apartments are modern and fully furnished, with private bedrooms, bathrooms, large kitchens and spacious lounge areas, so students will have plenty of space to hang out with friends. The on-site facilities include a pool, café/convenience store, sound lounge, e-library, study zones and shared laundry. With resident assistants on hand to organise events and activities, you will find plenty to do and lots of ways to meet new people.

For more information and to download an application form, choose your campus option below:

View ECU Village Joondalup

View ECU Village Mount Lawley

Homestay options

Homestay is a popular option for overseas students in Perth

Homestay may be families, couples, single people or single mothers with children. All are selected to provide good quality facilities and meals if required. The Homestay families have requested a student to stay with them, so students can be sure they will be very welcome.

Host families speak English and this will help to improve language skills. Host families help with day-to-day problems such as transport, banking and shopping. Homestay gives you a friendly environment where you can live, relax and study in comfort and security.

ECC utilises two companies to arrange Homestay accommodation for students. All questions regarding Homestay should be sent directly to the accommodation provider that you wish to use. Please visit their websites to find out more information and to complete an application form:

WA Homestay Network

Perth Student Accommodation

Applications for Homestay must be submitted to the accommodation provider 4 weeks prior to arrival in Perth. Please complete the application forms in full; these details will assist in providing you with suitable accommodation. If you choose Homestay, make sure you advise the accommodation providers if you have special diet or medical considerations (e.g. religious, vegetarian), if you are a smoker and if you have problems living with pets (cats, dogs, etc.).

To secure Homestay, a placement fee must be paid at the time of submitting a request. Contact your local representative for assistance and complete the Accommodation/Airport Reception Form available from the websites listed above.

Off-campus accommodation

Give yourself time to find suitable accommodation

Newly arrived students: it’s important to be aware that you will need to spend at LEAST 1-2 weeks to find accommodation.

Off-campus options include house or unit/flat rentals, and hostels. Costs vary considerably depending on size, quality and location. Renting normally requires you to sign a contract of 6 or 12 months and you will usually be required to pay one month's rent in advance as well as pay a refundable deposit (bond) in the event of any damage during the rental period. Any lease or other housing arrangements entered into are at the sole discretion of the student and the accommodation provider involved.

Information about rental properties is available from reception (a list of local properties), from local Real Estate agents and newspapers. The best day to look for housing is Saturday, using The West Australian newspaper. Some students also have success using the Gumtree website. You may also find 'shared accommodation' notices on noticeboards around campus.

Some other websites you may like to try are Domain and REIWA.

The Boulevard

Student accommodation in Perth

Located in the heart of the city, The Boulevard is in the centre of the city's vibrant cultural district and next to the city's main shopping precinct. The property is well located in relation to public transport with trains and buses providing access to both Edith Cowan College campuses. With a number of room types available, from private and twin studios to shared apartments, there's something to suit everyone.

Purpose-built student accommodation is designed specifically to meet all students needs and provide a space for students to reach their potential while they study. With an extensive events and wellbeing program, The Boulevard is the perfect place to stay during your studies.

For more information, and to arrange a tour of The Boulevard

Temporary accommodation

Short-term stays may be arranged on behalf of students

Short-term accommodation may be arranged by students and/or parents on request through our accommodation providers. ECC utilises two companies to arrange accommodation for students. All questions regarding short-term accommodation should be sent directly to the accommodation provider that you wish to use. Please visit their websites to find out more information and to complete an application form:

WA Homestay Network

Perth Student Accommodation

Be sure to complete the application forms in full –- these details will assist in providing you suitable accommodation. Short-term accommodation is approximately $30-$60 per night or $205 per week.

You may also like to book your own temporary accommodation to suit your needs. The Stay WA website is a great place to start.