PTE Academic (Pearson)
Welcome to the ECC Pearson Test Centre.
- Check in using the SafeWA app and use the hand sanitiser
- Prior to your test, please check your emails for information from Pearson
- Please follow all directions from staff
- ECC administers the Pearson test. The test costs $375
- Please visit the Pearson website for all information about the test, bookings, refunds, and preparation resources.
New Shorter Test Day Format from 16 November!
- Shorter test (from three hours, to two hours and 15 minutes)
- Fewer questions (from 70-82, to 52–64)
- A break is no longer included in the test
- More test sessions per week (from 12, to 15)
What isn't changing?
- The range of question types and difficulty level of the test
- Results are still accepted by over 3,000 institutions
- Your score requirements
- It costs the same amount - $385 per test
Arrive at least 30 minutes before your test and take a seat in the waiting area. The test administrator will take you into the secure check-in area to complete the security processes – view your passport, take a digital signature and a photograph, scan your palm and assign you a locker to check-in your belongings.
- Bring your passport. If you forget your passport you will not be able to sit the test and you will lose your fee.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes later than the scheduled starting time of your test, you will not be allowed to sit the test and you will lose your fee.
How long is the test?
PTE Academic is a single 2 hours and 15 minutes hour computer based exam which assesses listening, reading, speaking and writing.
You will use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
What can I bring into the test room?
What can't I bring into the test room?
- Digital devices (mobile phones, iPods, digital watches, fitness trackers etc.)
- Analogue watch or thick/wide jewellery
- Wallets and keys
- Jackets, hoodies, scarves, gloves, baseball caps, beanies, hats or hoods
- Cases for pens or glasses
- Pieces of paper
- Highlighters, rulers, pens/pencils and correction fluid
- Food or drink of any kind (water is provided at the test centre)
ECC Pearson Test Centre will provide a small locker to store your belongings for the duration of your PTE Academic test; however, ECC is not responsible for any loss or damages. We highly recommend leaving valuables at home.
ECC Pearson Test Centre
10 Injune Way (corner of Joondalup Drive and Injune Way),
Joondalup, WA 6027
Phone ECC Pearson Test Centre: 6279 1110 for directions or to advise you are going to arrive late (up to 15 minutes only after the start of the test)
Phone Pearson Help Desk: 1800 729 282 for all other enquiries including refunds, transfers, cancellations and understanding your result