PTE Academic (Pearson)
Welcome to the ECC Pearson Test Centre.
- Please follow all directions provided by staff;
- You may be asked to queue outside the test centre prior to check-in;
- You must use hand sanitiser on entering the building and in the test centre.
ECC administers the Pearson test. The test costs $375. Information regarding bookings, transfers, refunds and results can be found on the Pearson website:
Book – find a test centre and book a place
Prepare – online tests and resources
Information about test day
Frequently Asked Questions – illness, transfers, cancellations
Results – understanding my score, enquiry on my result
Location – where is the ECC Pearson Test Centre?
Contact us – Pearson at ECC
Arrive at least 30 minutes before your test and take a seat in the waiting area. The test administrator will take you into the secure check-in area to complete the security processes – view your passport, take a digital signature and a photograph, scan your palm and assign you a locker to check-in your belongings.
- Bring your passport. If you forget your passport you will not be able to sit the test and you will lose your fee.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes later than the scheduled starting time of your test, you will not be allowed to sit the test and you will lose your fee.
How long is the test?
PTE Academic is a single three hour computer based exam which assesses listening, reading, speaking and writing.
You will use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
During the three hour test session there will be three main parts to the test: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading. There are twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choice through to essay writing and interpreting information.
PTE Academic assesses real-life, academic content, so you will hear excerpts from lectures and view graphs and charts. You will hear a range of accents in the test, from British and American to non-native speakers, so you will be exposed to the type of accents you will encounter in everyday life.
What can I bring into the test room?
What can't I bring into the test room?
- Digital devices (mobile phones, iPods, digital watches, fitness trackers etc.)
- Analogue watch or thick/wide jewellery
- Wallets and keys
- Jackets, hoodies, scarves, gloves, baseball caps, beanies, hats or hoods
- Cases for pens or glasses
- Pieces of paper
- Highlighters, rulers, pens/pencils and correction fluid
- Food or drink of any kind (water is provided at the test centre)
ECC Pearson Test Centre will provide a small locker to store your belongings for the duration of your PTE Academic test; however, ECC is not responsible for any loss or damages. We highly recommend leaving valuables at home.
ECC Pearson Test Centre
10 Injune Way (corner of Joondalup Drive and Injune Way),
Joondalup, WA 6027
Phone ECC Pearson Test Centre: 6279 1110 for directions or to advise you are going to arrive late (up to 15 minutes only after the start of the test)
Phone Pearson Help Desk: 1800 729 282 for all other enquiries including refunds, transfers, cancellations and understanding your result