Latest Information on entering WA and COVID-19

Edith Cowan College

Under 18

Under 18

If you are under the age of 18 years, you are a 'minor' and as such a student visa can only be granted if you have met the immigration Law of the Student Visa Regulations.

It is important that appropriate arrangements are made with respect to your accommodation, ensuring sufficient support for your personal wellbeing during your stay in Australia or until you reach the age of 18 years if your parents are not with you in Australia.

Edith Cowan College recommends that you stay in a Homestay accommodation if you are under 18 years of age. If you intend on staying with friends or relatives (other than your family), then you must obtain permission from your parents and ECC. In addition, the person you are staying with, must be above 21 years of age and must agree to act as your local carer.

The Student Counsellor at ECC offers support and counselling to all students and will liaise with students (and parents as required) regarding the welfare of younger students.

Further information for students under 18 including obligations of the student and the Education Provider under the ESOS Act (National Code) can be found in the Underage Students (Minors) Policy